jQuery

Friday, February 10, 2012

Weekly Rainbow Parts: Alice Blue

This week I went just a little bit Meshy. It's like a Mesh lightbulb was turned on in my head. Sure, I owned some Mesh clothing before, since the day it was launched gridwide, some stuff from Jane, the AWESOME Something Wicked corset from Schadenfreude that you might have missed by looking at my butt, some pretty sexy Lassitude&Ennui boots...but it was only really this week that I started buying it less as a novelty, and more as a "thing". I bought several Mesh hairs, skirts, belts, shoes, a whole bunch of stuff, even a typewriter! Yum yum. So while this week's look for Luna Jubilee's 52 Weeks of Color - Part Deux challenge does have a lot of technological newness, I've been careful to show love to some old skool classics too.


I hadn't intended to go Vintage. It just sort of happened, as these things do. I'd already decided on the sweater from Koketka (which took me forever to find because I fail at spelling the name), and fallen quite head over heels with Ingenue's part-mesh Lana pencil skirt, and while I was there, the nice Mesh Bertille belt (I usually avoid belts in SL due to fitting issues and unsatisfactory movement) and then found myself buying seamed stockings and putting a blouse underneath and looking quite secretarial. So of course, I NEEDED a typewriter, which was happily to be had at this month's Collabor88. Then, by happenstance, I was over at Elikatira, and this new Mesh hair was there and suddenly I had a LOOK. The part I love most about it though is the shoes, which are ANCIENT. I think they were possibly the first things I ever bought from Shiny Things, not even available in the Discount section anymore and nearly 5 years on, they still look absolutely phenominal. That's craftsmanship. <3

Both of the other pieces of furniture here are by Kellie Iwish of Elate!, and I love how delicate they are, particularly the chair. Kellie has some big health issues to deal with right now, so she's lacking a significant inworld presence, but hopefully once she's all better, these beauties will be on offer once more.

One more thing to note, my ears may look a little more understated than usual. That's because they are! They're Schadenfreude's new Changeling ears, which are sort of halfway between the Fey ears I normally wear, and regular normal boring rounded human ears. While I won't be wearing them fulltime, I do adore these perfectly formed little fellahs, which are a nice compromise for times when one doesn't want to go Full Elf.


Credits:
Skin: Tres Blah - Blessa - Pale - Clean
Hair: Elikatira - Locked - Red 8
Sweater: Koketka - Liza Sweater w/stones
Skirt: Ingenue - Lana - Nautica
Blouse: Schadenfreude - Eleanor - Blanc
Belt: Ingenue - Bertille - Coffee
Shoes: Shiny Things - Shelle Pumps - Cherry
Necklace (which was rendered invisible by photography, but is totally there): Undefined Lillies - Holly is Manifold - Silver/blue
Stockings (likewise invisible): No.9 Nylons - Vintage (6 straps) Blackseam
Ears: Schadenfreude - Changeling Ears
Makeup: Mock - Morado Oroto Makeover

Desk: Elate! Writing Desk (from Cabin Furniture set)
Chair: Elate! Cornet Chair (from Vintage Sitting Room)
Typewriter: Cheeky Pea - Hemmingway Typewriter

No comments:

Post a Comment