jQuery

Thursday, June 5, 2014

What's your Digits? 2014

I missed the last two What's Your Digits-ing, due to general idleness. I enjoyed the original one though, making many tweaks to my own shape taking inspiration from others' digits, and generally growing as a person. It was neat, and I look some different to how I was back then. The biggest changes I've made between then and now fall into two categories: Proportion, and Concessions for mesh clothing. With fitted mesh becoming more widespread, I hope soon to revert to the latter category some. Shrinking my boobs down some, and putting more meat on my bones. I miss my belly.

Onto Strawberry Singh's questions about fitted mesh, to go with this meme:

What are your thoughts about Fitted mesh?:
I'm quite excited. It allows me just that little bit more flexibility in how I can have my shape. Right now I still wear my shape for normal mesh mainly, but I have one on standby with some of my older shape traits that I needed to give up, which makes me happy with fitted mesh.

Have you tried any of the new fitted mesh avatars released by Linden Lab? What do you think of them?
They're horrible. I'm very very very anti. I think they're a massive step backwards for new players, and will make Second Life more difficult to adapt to. They're lacking in any kind of customization options, it's like LL have said "This is your avatar" rather than letting the user define who they want to be. And they um...don't really look that good at all. They don't look like us, they look like something ported in from another game. I absolutely hate them and think they were a terrible mistake.


Have you tried any fitted mesh avatars/bodies created by residents?
I've tried WowMeh, I really really like it, in theory. I love the smoothness of it, and how turning up the various sliders increases curve, rather than just adding lumpy muscle bulk. In practice, though, there's just not enough out there for it. I'm attached to still being able to use some of my system clothes, and the system that hides parts of the body for wearing mesh clothing still needs a lot of refining. I'm looking forward deeply to the upcoming Slink Physique, which will hopefully be as widely supported by creators as the hands and feet I love so much.


Have you tried a mesh head? What are your thoughts about mesh heads?
They're not for me. I've demo'd, and just, no, they're not me. They look very pretty mostly and I welcome to wide range of fun expressions a lot of them have, like Slink Visage, but I don't want to look just like everyone else. I don't want to look just exactly like everyone else, even if everyone else is really really pretty, and I don't want to look like someone else's vision of what really really pretty is. I've been working on my shape continually for 7 years now. It's me.


Do you foresee a lot of changes to our current Second Life avatars because of fitted mesh?
I think most of the changes in this area will be due to mesh bodies becoming available, rather than the fitted mesh clothing. It's going to give us all a lot more flexibility to have some variety, I hope, and if nothing else, the fitted mesh bodies are prettier than the default.



Credits:
Hair: Pr!tty - Jolie - Reds
Pasties: silentsparrow - Sugar Pop Pasties - Licorice
Panties: Schadenfreude - Black and White Frilly Panties
Makeup:
Nails: Action - Nouveau
Lashes: Mon Cheri - Falsies

No comments:

Post a Comment