jQuery

Friday, May 8, 2015

lotd080515


Since yesterday I've been working on my Second Life house. It's something I do every few years - line up the walls, update the textures, replace fixtures. My house started out life as a fullperm freebie from like, 2004, which, over the years, my friends and I have added to and remodeled and generally made completely unrecognisable. Also completely unlinked and with different walls owned by different people... My big project this time around has been to replace all the textures with with new ones with various Materials stuff. That.....was not as easy as it should be, given the makeshift nature of the house, everything being at different rotations and, shock horror, SL being buggy as hell. But with some help from the very patient Allegory Malaprop, I have eventually triumphed. All the walls, interior and exterior are done, and I'm taking a little break from that.

Pink Fuel just released a huge update, with new bodies for several of the older skins, and appliers up-to-date to go with, in all the tones. This is very exciting for me because it gives me an excuse to dig out an old friend of a skin, Harley, in Porcelain, which has always been the most "me" tone from Pink Fuel. Not quite as healthy as Crystal and not quite as unhealthy as Vamp. The timing of all this is excellent too, because the alpha cuts on the Slink Physique weren't doing it for me for this classic Tres Blah blouse, so I switched to the Maitreya Lara body for this post, just in time for the release of Pink Fuel's extended line of Maitreya appliers!

I'm dabbling with tattoo eyebrows again, these are by Nox, and I really like that the texture of them isn't too dense or too skinny, but I think I still need to play around with the shape of them a little bit to get them to where I love them. 

My hair is by Olive from the recent TAG gacha event, and I really love the way the curls of it fall and the length of it, it frames the face so prettily. The skirt I'm wearing here is a new release from Goth1c0, which happens to be one of the non-freebie stores I ever owned something from in SL. The Purple Velvet Weirdo skirt is one of the tame options of this skirt from the Dark Style Fair, the majority of them having awesome brain or eye patterns on them!

If you hurry you can still pick up my fishy friend for 50L at silentsparrow, where it's out for Fifty Linden Fridays. There's a version who swims all around you, a version you can snuggle, and a version you can set out and just look at how pretty he is. 

Lately Bubble has been updating their older stuff to include current appliers (Omega, Slink Physique) etc, which means I get to play with another old love, these corset-laced armwarmers. I have some like these in real life too. Lots of them.

Credits:

Hair: Olive - The Tumble (gacha)
Shirt: Tres Blah - Short Sleeve Blouse - Two Tone
Skirt: Goth1c0 - Weirdo Skirt - Purple Velvet (@ Dark Style Fair)
Socks: Izzie's - Unisex Socks (Maitreya applier)
Armwarmers: Bubble - Corset Laced Gloves (Maitreya applier)
Shoes: 20.five - Starry Chucks - Light
Undershirt (just visible): Sn@tch - Butch Tanks (Omega applier)
Fishy friend: silentsparrow - The Betta Fish Plush - Magic! (50L Fridays)
Windmill: D-Lab - Windmill Yellow
Makeup:
Eyes: Nova - Sagan 1
Lips: Pink Fuel - Harley Cosmetics - Lipstick - Stained Pink 
Eyebrows: Nox - Nyx Eyebrows - Tintable
Nails: Alaskametro - Diva - Gold
Poses
Image 1: Kirin - Dreamer Pose 1
Image 2: Le Poppycock - A single day (plus built-in fish-hugging pose)
The Basics:
Skin: Pink Fuel - Harley - Porcelain
Eyes: Buzzeri - Lillian Eyes - Jade
Mesh Body: Maitreya - Lara 3.3
Ears: Ears: Mandala - Steking Ears - Season 5
Hands: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands - Flat (R) and Casual (L)
Feet: Slink Avatar Enhancement Feet - flat
Hairbase: LeLutka Hairbase - Jessica
Freckles: Pekka - Dark Freckles + Star Upper Cheek

Lashes: Alaskametro - PrimLashes - Classic


No comments:

Post a Comment